Child Support Lawyers

content ImageTypically, child support is set by the court. The parent who has primary physical custody of the child, meaning "the parent who provides the primary residence for a child and is responsible for the majority of day-to-day decisions concerning a child" (Minnesota Statute 518A.26, subd. 17), is generally the parent to whom support is paid.

In some family circumstances, child support may be allotted to others who have custody, such as grandparents, aunts or uncles. Whatever your unique family configuration, you deserve clear information and guidance as you seek child support or seek protection when you are asked to pay child support.

Our Family Law Firm Can Guide You Through Legal Processes Having To Do With Child Support

Regardless of whether you are seeking child support or being asked to provide it, the court will require proof of your current financial situation. There are a number of financial documents that should be turned in during the initial divorce or custody proceeding. The family law attorneys at Patton, Hoversten & Berg, P.A. can assist you in compiling all the necessary information. The court will use the information provided to determine the amount of child support to be paid.

We also assist parents or parent figures seeking modification or enforcement of court orders for child support or child custody.

Request A Consultation

To set an appointment to discuss your Minnesota child support case, contact an experienced family law attorney at Patton, Hoversten & Berg, P.A. today. You may call our law offices in Waseca at 507-835-5240, in Owatonna at 507-451-9000, in Faribault at 507-332-7425 or in Janesville at 507-234-5106. We can also be reached by email and toll-free at 1-888-835-5244.