Grandparents’ Rights

Grandparents’ Rights

Obtaining visitation with or custody of a grandchild can be a difficult process without the consent of the child's parents. To petition for custody, you must be able to prove yourself as either a “de facto custodian” or an “interested third party.” And, as in all child custody cases, the court must determine that placing the child in your care would be in the best interests of the child.

At Patton, Hoversten & Berg, P.A., we understand the emotional dilemmas such cases can carry. Attentive to your needs, our experienced family law attorneys will help establish the facts necessary to obtain the results you desire.

To discuss your case, contact us online, or call our Waseca office at 507-835-5240, our Owatonna office at 507-451-9000, or our Janesville office at 507-234-5106 for an appointment. We can also be reached toll free at 1-888-835-5244.

For More Information

Fill out our online form