Keith Deike was born in Owatonna, Minnesota, and grew up in Waseca, Minnesota. After graduating from law school in 1983, Keith established a solo practice in Waseca. His solo practice included personal injury law, criminal law, real estate, family law, and civil litigation. Keith served as a Third Judicial District Public Defender, was appointed by the court to represent persons faced with civil commitment for mental illness, and served as the Waseca City Prosecutor.
In 1994, Keith joined Patton, Hoversten & Berg, P.A. At PH&B, he has continued his representation of those injured through the negligence of others, and has engaged in other types of civil litigation.
Keith has served on the Waseca Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, the Waseca Area United Way Board of Directors (serving as Allocations Committee Chair for one term), and the Sacred Heart School Board (serving as Chair for two terms). He has been a member of the Association for Retarded Citizens (ARC) and Families of Multi-Racial Adoptions. He and his wife, Pam, are foster parents/respite care providers for Waseca County.
Keith and Pam have two children, Jake (20) and Max (14).
Areas Of Practice
- Animal Bites
- Civil Rights
- Drugs & Medical Devices
- Litigation & Appeals
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Nursing Home
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Minnesota, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1985
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1983
- Mankato State University
- B.A. - 1979
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi
- Honors: With Distinction in History
- Major: History
- Major: Political Science
- Sandborg v. Blue Earth County, 615 N.W. 2d 61, 2000, Minn., 2000455223
- D & R Star, Inc. v. World Bowling, Inc., 619 N.W. 2d 772, 43 U.C.C. Rep. Serv. 2d 465, 2000, Minn. Ct. App., 2000632533
- Vogelsberg v. Vogelsberg, 672 N.W. 2d 602, 2003, Minn. Ct. App., 2003939343
- Berg v. Ackman, 431 N.W.2d 264, 1988, Minn. Ct. App.
- Instructor, Appellate Advocacy, University of Minnesota Law School, 1982 to 1983
Honors And Awards
- Super Lawyer, Minnesota Law & Politics
- Leading Personal Injury Attorney, Minnesota Law & Politics
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in the World
Professional Associations And Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association